Monday, October 17, 2011

Conversation with a surgeon about a toddler's broken finger

watercolor

The finger, he said, is pretty messed up...
We humans, I heard, are pretty messed up.

It's broken, he said, it's worse than we thought...
We're broken, I heard, we're worse than we thought.

There is hope, he said, for healing of course...
There is hope, I heard, for redemption of course.

But growth, he said, may be crooked or odd...
And growth, I heard, refines the crooked'n odd.

And numbness, he said, cannot be ruled out...
but numbness, I heard, afflict even th' devout.

Yet movement, he said, should be fully restored...
There's movement, I heard, when the Spirit restores.

The whole finger, he smiled, is but part of his story...
The whole story, I smiled, is redemption, His glory.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your feedback!