Monday, April 2, 2012

return

watercolor

every turn 
a calculated re-turn 
fibonacci

"I sit beside the fire and think 
Of all that I have seen 
Of meadow flowers and butterflies 
In summers that have been 

Of yellow leaves and gossamer 
In autumns that there were 
With morning mist and silver sun 
And wind upon my hair 

I sit beside the fire and think 
Of how the world will be 
When winter comes without a spring 
That I shall ever see 

For still there are so many things 
That I have never seen 
In every wood in every spring 
There is a different green 

I sit beside the fire and think 
Of people long ago 
And people that will see a world 
That I shall never know 

But all the while I sit and think 
Of times there were before 
I listen for returning feet 
And voices at the door" 

Topic: Return

3 comments:

  1. Lovely painting. Reminds me of a flower or seashell, or a really wild sky or galaxy cluster. It has really nice texture to it. And a sweet Tolkien poem, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly lovely painting! I really like the colors and textures. I can almost see things in it, but whether they're "real" or not, it's a pleasure to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful! So interesting! Love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your feedback!